Sunday, June 26, 2011

My First Wood Projects

Here are a few of my beginning projects when I first learned how to use a scroll saw.  While I made countless cut outs that have been lost or thrown away through the years, I knew I could count on my parents keeping anything I made for them over the years.  (You'll notice that almost 100% of the projects on this blog were given to my parents, siblings or other family members.)  I'd like to say my skills have improved since these original projects.
 Check out that masterful carpentry! jk
Good thing mothers are more concerned with effort than final design.  Love ya Mom!
Father's Day a year later, I had learned to cut shapes and paint by then.  The marker has been smeared over the years. 
 These are my first shots at puzzles.  I took pictures out of National Geographic, glued them to a board and started cutting.  You can tell by the pieces that there was no pattern, just random cuts which left some random sharp corners and odd shapes.
 The only difference with this puzzle was that I cut around the eagle and made the cut the rest of the picture into random pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment